What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What dew is this?

*Barracuda_45*

Norhtern Michigan Dragway Mama
smile_l_32.gif
Ok guys tonight i am having a total brain fart and forgot what dew this was.. I love this sweet little gem its loaded with dew and its one of the ones i just got in recently. Sorry for the blurry pic..
smile_h_32.gif

sundewisthis2.jpg

I deffinatly gota get me more of these.. I love how cool the leafs are shaped.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Kind of look like D. burmanni?

I agree. It could also be D. rotundifolia or perhaps some kind of Spoonleaf Sundew. I'd go with burmannii though. Where did you get it?

Thanks guys well i dont think its D. burmanni, i could be wrong but i have no listings on the bags for that one. I do have D. rotundifolia and D. Spatulata but whats funny is it dont look like D. Spatulata, to me anyways.. All i know is its growing like crazy since i got it and its a really nice dew..
smile.gif
smile_n_32.gif
I got 10 diffrent plants from Hollow Hill Herbs nursery. And im deffinately getting more come the 3rd of next month.
Im gona send a pic to them and ask which plant this is and see about getting more of them.
smile_m_32.gif

smile_l_32.gif
Ok i just went back to one of the e-mails i got from Sheila where i had asked her about the Frazier Island form and this is what she told me she had.
---------------------------------------------------
Quoted by Sheila,

I honestly don't remember what my D. spathulata is. It's not Frasier Island though. I think it is the most common, Kyoto maybe? Don't recall and I might have that wrong too. Down the line, there may be D. burmanni, the annual sundew..one of my favorites, seed and plants available. I only have a few and I want to collect seed.
----------------------------------------------------

Now maybe she threw the D. Burmanni in my order by mistake or could it be this Kyoto she speaks of??

Hmmmmm, very odd. With that leaf shape, I wouldn't say it's D. spatulata. It's shaped very much like D. rotundifolia. I think that's my new guess
smile_n_32.gif

Hey LLeopardGGecko, can ya post a pic of a D.rotundifolia? Or wheres the best place for me to see a good pic of one?

Well I don't have a good picture at the moment. I have to get some sleep now so I don't pass out tomorrow. Try a search engine while I catch some zzz's
cool.gif

Good night!

Thank you very much elgecko, i would deffinately say its D. rotundifolia as it looks very very close to the pics you have of some. I do say the paddle leaf ends are very oddly shaped. I love this dew!!!
smile.gif

LLeopardGGecko, i surely hope you got some zzzzzzzzzzzzzz's..
smile_m_32.gif

Yep, it's D. rotundifolia. Probably my favorite dew!!
smile.gif

Capslock

D. rotundifolia would be my favorite dew if it was tropical. I can't grow it year round in my terrariums
smile_h_32.gif

Isn't there a tropical form of D.rotunifolia?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Isn't there a tropical form of D.rotunifolia?

Is there? If there is, then I may have a new favorite sundew
smile_n_32.gif

Ok D. rotundifolia it is, Sheila told me to watch the plant and if it stops growing leafs from the center then its signaling it needs to go dorment, which i dont have a prob doing as she sent me a care sheet as to how to put it in the fridge when time. I love this dew its growing good for me.. I also asked her if she has more
smile_n_32.gif
as i deffinately want a few more of them. Im waiting to here back from her.
smile_m_32.gif

LLeopardGGecko, i dont see why you cant do the same as me and when it comes time place it somewhere it can be dorment for awhile.
smile.gif

Thanks Capslock, i really like this dew to..
smile_m_32.gif

PiranhaPlant, let me know if ya find out anything on if theres a tropical form of this dew..
smilie4.gif

Its called D.rotunifolia 'ever grow'. It can grow year round, but if it's too cold it will form that hiberacula thingie. Here's the link:
D. rot

Thanks for the link Piranha. I took a look at the ICPS seedbank and they don't seem to carry any seeds of the 'Ever Grow' variety. I really want to try that plant, just because I grow most of my plants in terrariums and I love to keep them growing all year round. I wonder if anyone on these forums grows it.

Thanks for the link PiranhaPlant...
smile.gif
Im am just amazed with this dew.. Tracey needs more.. LOL!!
smile_n_32.gif

Looks like rotundifolia to me.

Also...anytime you need plant photos for comparison, don't forget about BobZ's site. He has a huge and invaluable reference library of CP photos. There is a link to his site posted in the Articles Forum. ALSO, there is a Plant ID forum where you can post photos for identification. So those are two more resources for you.
smile.gif

Back