Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my lance leaf finally has dew!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i went to hawaii for a week, and put all my cp in quite a bit of water. I came back and amazingly my sundew not only has new leaves with dew, but have 8 bugs being digested!! i was amazed. i am soo proud of that, i thought it would never produce dew.

i have a few questions as well. in the picture you can see the bottom leaves (older ones) do not have any dew and are just doing nothing. what should i do with them, trim em off and how can i take a leaf cutting with this, which leaf... sorry i am quite a newbie. sorry bout the small pic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never cut off a leaf if it has green on it because it is giving energy to the plant. The lower leaves on my D. adelae don't have any dew either, I think thats the way the old ones get. You can take a leaf cutting from any of the leaves. You might want to try increasing the light intensity on your plant, you will see alot more dew and more red color.
    Good Luck
    -Nick Z.
    It's like walking out a door and discovering it's a window.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As Nick said, anything green is good. Old leaves that lose their dew don't normally re-gain it. Dew is a function of adequate lighting. Loss of dew normally occurs from stress, like from shipping.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well what I noticed is that my adelae is nice and dewy if the temperatures are 20-25C. if it goes to say 27 - dew is all gone, totally, no matter the light, no matter the water, no matter anything, untill temps drop back to 25-, and then its all nice and dewy and shiny.
    It is hard to always be a human being... people get in the way.

An education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
    - Terry Pratchett

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does that mean that 30C ('bout 80 fahrenheit) is too much for my dews? Or is that just the case for the D. adelae?
    He who can, does. He who can't, teaches. -George Bernard Shaw
    I love these shirts!!!
    My Growlist
    My Webpage

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine were at window sills all summer long and the temps ranged from mid-80's to low 90's. They still kept their dew. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All right then, I should just shut up my mind, and go with the flow. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    He who can, does. He who can't, teaches. -George Bernard Shaw
    I love these shirts!!!
    My Growlist
    My Webpage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Drosera36 @ Nov. 28 2005,10:20)]All right then, I should just shut up my mind, and go with the flow. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    lol.
    can anyone tell me how to take a proper leaf cutting.? i never really learned how

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast