What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

well... she's dead.

My D.capensis is doing well and it's growing with my Sarrencia seedlings, the only problem is when the leafs get older, they rest on top of the pitchers :p. Also, there's a seedling D.capensis

All this Cape Sundew talk is making me remember how much I love them
biggrin.gif

Great plants and have always been one of my favorites.

Maybe your capensis just likes the pitchers so much it hugs them
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shokuchuu @ Dec. 03 2005,10:11)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (ALLOSAURZ @ Dec. 03 2005,3:03)]I killed my one and only D. Camale reproductive organs before it had a chance to flower.
Ooh, typo!  I think someone left an "s" out!
smile_n_32.gif

My way to rid me of unwanted D. capensis?  Eat the foliage and brew the roots!
smile_n_32.gif

smile_t_32.gif

Cheers
Gosh, that's never happened before!
smile_l_32.gif

Hey, how about setting a pot of capensis on a stream? *wink wink*
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shokuchuu @ Dec. 04 2005,11:37)]Hey, how about setting a pot of capensis on a stream? *wink wink*
laugh.gif
That should be reserved for Darlingtonia, VFT's, Sarracenias, and several prolific species of Utrics!  
smile_o_32.gif

Hey, funny thing, that last set up I had, with like 50 lbs of rocks has kept the Sterilite container in place throughout the summer and fall. It would have worked, had I not decided to put my current plant in a glorified hanging basket set up. I now have a dormant plant, instead of an MIA.

Finch: Just say the word, and there will be an army of forum folks that would be happy to unload.... I mean share more D. capensis with you - except for the Singaporeans - but that's another can-o-worms!  
smile_m_32.gif

When I first got D.capensis, I read where all of you guys said it was a weed. Well, I didn't believe you until now. I grow all of my D.capensis indoors, and they have flowered several times recently. I have a pot that is COMPLETELY covered with a humidity dome, and it is 20 feet away from the D.capensis albino that flowered,somehow, there are D.capensis albino seedlings popping up EVERYWHERE
smile_k_ani_32.gif
I now have about 7 pots with capensis seedlings popping up everywhere. Well, now I have learned the hard way to cut their flower stalks.

LOL thanks for the support guys, im gonna take his advice and wait-and see for a bit.

Back