What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera forests...  post yours!

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
Here is my D. scorpioides forest. Does anyone else grow this plant this way?? I have some in my Cephalotus pot also individually... But I like this look better!! This is a 3" round pot...

scorpiodesforesttop.jpg

scorpiodesforestside.jpg

Hope you enjoy!!
Andrew

WOW now i realy want a pygmy!!!

I tried this with D. Intermedia... Planted about 200 seeds in one pot
smile.gif

We'll see whant happens once plantlets appear
smile.gif

Also did it with binatas... pretty tangly
smile.gif

That's alot of scopioides
smile_k_ani_32.gif
, I wouldn't be surprise if it can catch a dragonfly
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PiranhaPlant @ Dec. 03 2005,10:05)]That's alot of scopioides
smile_k_ani_32.gif
, I wouldn't be surprise if it can catch a dragonfly
smile_n_32.gif
highly possible! The other day I reached for another pot, and when I lifted my hand, this pot was stuck to my arm and lifting up in the air! (LOL jking)

I eddited the topic, I'd like to see pictures of any drosera in a very crowded situation like this
smile.gif
I have others, i'll get pictures
smile_m_32.gif

these were from seed last year and I never got around to transplanting them.. I think it is too late now
smile_n_32.gif
I like it like this anyway
smile_m_32.gif

spatulatasmall.jpg

Take teh time and see the big version!!! It's worth it! And isn't TOO big.... (if it isn't SUPER big, you may need to click the picture) http://adnedarn.home.comcast.net/spatulatabig.jpg
Enjoy!!!!
Andrew

Heres a pot of D. nitidula x pulchella. It wasnt exactly planned, just worked out that way all by itself.

Cheers
Steve
pigmy2.JPG

My D. spatulata rotted out when I let it get as thick as Andrew's there, but I still like the crowded look (except when I'm trying to pick up the pot.) I've got a big tray of D. capensis and U. tricolor that's pretty well overcrowded, and even a little moldy, but everything is still going gangbusters, even the carpet moss.
~Joe

I really like Drosera forests, they are just... beautiful. A lot more beautiful than just a single plant
smile.gif

smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif
WOW!! Those dews are awsome, cool dew forests you guys have going there... Fantastic pics!!
JUST BEAUTIFUL!!
smile_m_32.gif
smile.gif

Have ya tried counting each plant to see how many are actualy are in there?
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PiranhaPlant @ Dec. 03 2005,2:46)]Pretty soon there will be drosera mountains
smile_n_32.gif
I think it would be ping mountains.
smile_m_32.gif

NO I have not and WILL NOT try to count them!!

fresh from the greenhouse....
(This is supposed to be a VFT red dragon pot!)
burmaniiforest.jpg

And I bet everyone here almost has had a pot simular to this
capensisforest.jpg

Andrew

BTW steve, that picture is AWESOME! i've never been able to grow any pygmy well except for scorpiodes...

I have a whole bunch of capensis seeds sprouting so I may end up with something like that soon.

This is what happens when you plant a Ping too close to burmannii.
My poor little 'Pirouette'.
burmannii_takeover_2.jpg

Hehe, very cool everyone! I'm going for something along these lines soon. My past experiences have lead to mould, but those were in a closed container. My only turn off of doing it with D. scorpioides is the fact that it'd probably be a PAIN to get the gemmae from any but the very outside ones. Once again, very nice everyone!

I have always LOVED the look of Drosera forests
cool.gif
I've been trying to get one going myself for the past couple months with D. burmannii, D. binata and D. capensis but I don't have any great results just yet. In good time, perhaps...

...I do have a couple D. spatulatas that are quite forest-like. I'll try to get some pictures up soon.

Great pictures so far everyone!

Steve, Andrew: it has a very Christmasy look! I prefer a swamp:

AF001901.jpg

Here's my forest:

AF002801.jpg

Back