Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Mysterious dew seedling

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my moss growing chamber, I found this little fellow:

I think it might be a tuberous sundew but I am pretty sure that I did not trade or buy any as I believe that tuberous sundews will have a hard time growing in tropical Singapore. Would anyone have an idea what this fellow might be? Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to go out on a limb and guess either D. peltata (tuberous like you said) or possibly D. madagascariensis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The moss came from Thailand, so my first guess was D. peltata, but since I did not seed the first leaves (I think it was buried under the moss) I cannot tell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is extremely etiolated and there is just no way possible to definitively identify it. Once given more light and an opportunity to form its typical growth habit there will be a much better chance of providing an ID.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will do...the mosses were in a dark corner for several months before I remembered their existence!

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    D. peltata was my first thought, only because I have (had?) that in my collection. However, if you look at avage Garden, there are other species with plants that look a lot like peltata, being in the same complex. So at least it may be narrowed down to that group of Drosera.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As Seandew has mentioned, the plant is really very tiny. Just look at the moss forest behind it [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

I will post back when it is larger. I really hope that it is some tuberous sundew as this will be my first one and I did not even buy or trade for it [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img]