What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mysterious dew seedling

In my moss growing chamber, I found this little fellow:

UnIDDrosera1.jpg

I think it might be a tuberous sundew but I am pretty sure that I did not trade or buy any as I believe that tuberous sundews will have a hard time growing in tropical Singapore. Would anyone have an idea what this fellow might be? Thanks in advance.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess either D. peltata (tuberous like you said) or possibly D. madagascariensis.

The moss came from Thailand, so my first guess was D. peltata, but since I did not seed the first leaves (I think it was buried under the moss) I cannot tell.

It is extremely etiolated and there is just no way possible to definitively identify it. Once given more light and an opportunity to form its typical growth habit there will be a much better chance of providing an ID.

Will do...the mosses were in a dark corner for several months before I remembered their existence!

D. peltata was my first thought, only because I have (had?) that in my collection. However, if you look at avage Garden, there are other species with plants that look a lot like peltata, being in the same complex. So at least it may be narrowed down to that group of Drosera.

As Seandew has mentioned, the plant is really very tiny. Just look at the moss forest behind it
biggrin.gif

I will post back when it is larger. I really hope that it is some tuberous sundew as this will be my first one and I did not even buy or trade for it
laugh.gif

Back