Last month I thought it would be such a waste to let all the foliage on my only D. binata 'dichotoma' die back for winter. *So I decided to make some leaf cuttings to winter in my terrarium. *In addition to the leaves I decided to throw in some half inch pieces of the stem. *And to my surprise new plants are starting to emerge from the stem. *If anything I would have expected to the plants to emerge from the ends where the cuts were made however, the plants are emerging along the whole length of the stem. *
This may be old news for most of you. *I'm quite the newbie and from what I've read, nobody mentioned anything about stem cuttings from a D. binata. *I'll post some pictures when the plantlets are a bit larger.