Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: sundew photo gallery

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TOTAL COOLNESSSSSSSS!
    MAN, I can't make my dews hold dew for long... for some reson [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img]
    Still, the pics are soooo amazing!!! Im drooling here...
    It is hard to always be a human being... people get in the way.

An education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
    - Terry Pratchett

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mitch, as usual, very nice pics! You can really see a remarkable difference between the different glands in those pics!
    Secretary, New England Carnivorous Plant Society (NECPS) http://www.necps.org/
    Member, International Carnivorous Plant Society (ICPS)
    Member, North American Sarracenia Conservancy (NASC)
    Member, The Carnivorous Plant Society (CPS)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Dimka @ Dec. 15 2005,9:15)]TOTAL COOLNESSSSSSSS!
    MAN, I can't make my dews hold dew for long... for some reson [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img]
    Still, the pics are soooo amazing!!! Im drooling here...
    Dimka, most likely reason is not enough light. What is your lighting setup?
    \"Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.\"
    --P. J. O'Rourke
    GL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the kind words everyone!

And Dimka, what Gawd says is true. If your sundews aren't keeping their dew it's most likely due to poor lighting. Perhaps you just need to bump up your wattage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HAHAHA no its not the light guys... if 210 W of CFL is not enough... what is?

An education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
    - Terry Pratchett

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    210 watts?! Dang! Then it CAN'T be the light. This makes me think that it could be your temperature. That much compact flourescent light could create a lot of heat, which might be having a bad effect on your sundews. I know that when I first started out using artificial light I had a lot of wattage on my plants, therefore creating a ton of heat. This caused my sundews to react very badly, resulting in loss of dew and burnt leaves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    26-28C...
    When I raise the light, the temp is the same, and plants look even worse...
    When I move it away, so there is about 2 times LESS light... they make dew, but lose color (binatas turn green, adelae goes white, nidiformis turns white and so on...) only thing that seems to like the situation is P. esseriana, who shows sighns of life, and dried sphagnum that now has some green growth on its tips, and S. Leucophylla... at least they are doing ok...
    I'm exprementing with different bulbs right now... maybe I'll be able to find a solution.
    I also noticed that if humidity goes below 70, plants look like they've been in a desert for last 150 years. I notice they made a LOT more dew at night, in total darkness, than during the day with light... Also after feeding... they dont make ANY dew at all for days... must be saving the energy for growing, because thats what they do nicely at that time. I still agree with you that it could be temperature... they used to look a lot better at 20-22...
    BLEH... I'll just keep trying and maybe I'll work something out... my latest experiment yelded some minor improvement... lets hope it'll work...

- Terry Pratchett

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now thats wierd, I get tons of dew even on really hot days with little humidity. (100+ with around 30% humidity)

-Rail
    My life sucks

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast