Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: sundew photo gallery

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you know, I think there is something with this peat... I just looked into a water tray in which some of my pots stand... and it looks like as if someone had put gasoline in it, you know that little rainbow layer on the water... I'm gonna have to wash the peat after all... only problem is it would mean uprooting every plant I have in my terrarium, and I have several seeds sown in there as well... I'll have so scoop up the upper layer of soil somehow...
    It is hard to always be a human being... people get in the way.

An education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
    - Terry Pratchett

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to use Scotts, but then they started putting osmocott or whatever it's called, and that is basically a slow-release fertilizer, like what BCK said.

-Ben
    He who can, does. He who can't, teaches. -George Bernard Shaw
    I love these shirts!!!
    My Growlist
    My Webpage

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In another topic, it has been shown that a few grains of Osmocote, hopefully heterogeneous, enhances growth in Neps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, maybe it is so [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    But I dont grow, nor do I plan to grow any nephs... anyone wants to try?
    *No sarcasm*

An education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
    - Terry Pratchett

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps in time. There are a lot of Nep growers on the discussion forum to help you out. Aside from General Discussions, I think it is the most trafficked forum, here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My N. ramispina took off after I added Osmocote, and I put more then what other growers had been recomending. I put probably 15 balls of the Osmocote on the surface of a 12" hanging basket, the next leaf that formed was probably 1/3rd bigger then the last. Also it still has produces a pitcher on ever leaf.

I have put some Osmocote in with a few of my other plants, with no negative results so far. My D. capensis where looking rough after 4 flower stalks one after another. So I placed maybe 4 or 5 pellets in the 8" sill planter I have them in.
    \"Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.\"
    --P. J. O'Rourke
    GL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, I just could not wait any longer... I took all my plants out, removed top layer with seeds/gemmae on it, and dumped a gallon of water into the mix... after about 2 minutes... a thich oily layer appeared on the surface of the water... maybe thats the problem... who knows. I know I would not like to live in such environment.
    I also discovered that my adelae's roots are like 5 times bigger than the plant lol.
    Anyway, hope this works. I'll also add LFS to the mix - wanted to do it for some time, but that'd mean uprooting eveything, and now that i did it anyway, why not eh?
    Ok guys wish me luck [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

- Terry Pratchett

Norhtern Michigan Dragway Mama *Barracuda_45*'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_l_32.gif[/img] All this talk about Scotts peat has me worried as well since i just started using it, i was using Shultz brand peat and have never had any probs with that brand and my plants are growing and thriving very well. But when i went to get another bag recently they didnt have any Shultz left and i grabed a bag of Scotts, theres nothing on the bag about any fertalizer or anything just says 100% canadian peat. Now i do mix sand, perlite and spag in with it so theres not much peat being used. The plants and seeds im waiting to germinate in the Scotts mix i made dont seem to be having any probs. All my plant pots have drain holes. Should i wait and see what happens or discontinue the use of the Scotts all together and stick with the Shultz??
    Hey buddy wana run, LETS GO!
    Northern Michigan All Car Drag Team *PRESIDENT*
    Red Hot Cherry's "NEW" PB 8.741 GO CHERRY! & "5" 1st place trophy wins 9 sec class.
    www.nmacdt.com

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast