What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sundew photo gallery

decided to make a thread of everybodys sundews...

D. adelae
D_adelae_web.jpg

D. binata
DROSERA_BINATA_TYPICAl_.jpg

smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif
HOLY COW those are some awsome pics and your VFT traps are FLIPPIN HUGE!!!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif
I love the forked sundew forest ya got going there.. WOW!! Beautiful dews, i couldnt get the third pic to show..
smile_h_32.gif

Wow, amazing dews peanuts! I especially love the huge clump of D. binata you have growing there. Just beautiful!

By the way, I can't see the third picture either.

I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow when I have daylight. D. burmannii anyone?
biggrin.gif
cool.gif

If you right click on the third pic and go to show image you can see it, the site it is on doesn't allow hotlinking.
Thats why you shouls use one of the free image hosts.

WHOA!
I actually CAN see the third picture... right here on the page
smile_n_32.gif
cutie ikle filiformis
smile.gif

Man, I wish I had a camera that could take pics like that
smile_h_32.gif

Ok got the third pic in and i do say you have taken some really awsome pics of the dews. I wish my cheesy cam could get close up shots like that. My cam wont show the dew on the CPs when i take pics, i will try and get my girlfriend over here in the next few days see if she can get some close up shots for me.
smile_m_32.gif

Here's a couple of homegrown favorites:

AF002801.jpg

AR000102.jpg

Whoa whoa whoa! D. adelae makes a stem?!

Awesome pics!

Well, as I promised, here's some shots of one of my colonies of  D. burmannii  . I got a bit carried away with the photos, but I just had to post them all since this plant is so cool. Enjoy!

CPsTuckerandbackyardpictures068.jpg

CPsTuckerandbackyardpictures067.jpg

CPsTuckerandbackyardpictures066.jpg

CPsTuckerandbackyardpictures065.jpg

CPsTuckerandbackyardpictures064.jpg

CPsTuckerandbackyardpictures063.jpg

And last but not least, a picture of one of my colonies of  D. spatulata  :
CPsTuckerandbackyardpictures070.jpg

LLeopardGGecko, WOW!!! Dude that is outragious dew going on there, FANTASTIC pics... You can come to my house any day and take some for me....
smile_m_32.gif

Mitch, I just noticed now that D. burmanni's outer-most tentacles are long and rectangular, not round. Oh, and awesome pics.
smile.gif

-Ben

The outer tentacles are there to grab hold of prey and bring it closer to the inner tentacles for digestion.

-Rail

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The outer tentacles are there to grab hold of prey and bring it closer to the inner tentacles for digestion.

Exactly. The outer tentacles (or rententive glands as I've heard them referred to as) are the ones that move super-quick. Within about 10 seconds of a live bug being placed on a D. burmannii leaf, you can actually see the outer tentacles move in towards the prey. It's quite amazing
biggrin.gif

TOTAL COOLNESSSSSSSS!
MAN, I can't make my dews hold dew for long... for some reson
smile_h_32.gif

Still, the pics are soooo amazing!!! Im drooling here...

Mitch, as usual, very nice pics! You can really see a remarkable difference between the different glands in those pics!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dimka @ Dec. 15 2005,9:15)]TOTAL COOLNESSSSSSSS!
MAN, I can't make my dews hold dew for long... for some reson
smile_h_32.gif

Still, the pics are soooo amazing!!! Im drooling here...
Dimka, most likely reason is not enough light. What is your lighting setup?

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

And Dimka, what Gawd says is true. If your sundews aren't keeping their dew it's most likely due to poor lighting. Perhaps you just need to bump up your wattage.

Back