What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera filiformis

Well, my houses heat wigged out while I was out of town for x-mas.

My Drosera filiformis had been staying in dormancy with constant temps in the upper 60's (67-69). As I was leaving I turned the heat down 10-15 degrees, only to come home 5 days later to a house that was heated to a toasty 85, that was all it took to cause a mass germination of seedlings, in my weedy Drosera pot, and to wake up the Drosera filiformis varieties.

Also, I'd like to ID these guys, had them labelled nicely pre-dormancy, but I managed to lose the tags.

I always love hearing about the weedy Drosera! Definitely my favorite variety
cool.gif

Interesting to know about your D. filiformis. Are you going to try to put the little guys back into dormancy or just leave them be?

I'm going to leave them go, I think they went dormant right after I got them, so they had more then 2 months. Possiblt the shock of shipping/different conditions sent them into dormancy. I don't remember them ever growing after I got them...

The bigger one seems to have the features of D. filiformis subsp. tracyi. The smaller one could be D. filiformis subsp. filiformis.

It is better to let them grow, otherwise the plants will be damaged.

Back