User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Drosera filiformis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, my houses heat wigged out while I was out of town for x-mas.

My Drosera filiformis had been staying in dormancy with constant temps in the upper 60's (67-69). As I was leaving I turned the heat down 10-15 degrees, only to come home 5 days later to a house that was heated to a toasty 85, that was all it took to cause a mass germination of seedlings, in my weedy Drosera pot, and to wake up the Drosera filiformis varieties.

Also, I'd like to ID these guys, had them labelled nicely pre-dormancy, but I managed to lose the tags.

\"Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.\"
    --P. J. O'Rourke
    GL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always love hearing about the weedy Drosera! Definitely my favorite variety [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/cool.gif[/img]

Interesting to know about your D. filiformis. Are you going to try to put the little guys back into dormancy or just leave them be?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to leave them go, I think they went dormant right after I got them, so they had more then 2 months. Possiblt the shock of shipping/different conditions sent them into dormancy. I don't remember them ever growing after I got them...
    \"Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.\"
    --P. J. O'Rourke
    GL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bigger one seems to have the features of D. filiformis subsp. tracyi. The smaller one could be D. filiformis subsp. filiformis.

It is better to let them grow, otherwise the plants will be damaged.