Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No Dew

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]yes they were just shipped to me but they had plastic cups over them and i saw no dew in it so i dont know... i have a 50 watt grow light about 12 hours so it couldnt be that.
    The shock of shipping can cause them to dry up, normally you will need to wait for new leaves to grow..
    If the light is to far away that could still be a problem.
    Quote[/b] ]
    Quote[/b] ]
    With D. adelae, that's a different phenomenon - the "playing 'possum" thing.
    intresting... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]
    And they can play possum for a long time. I just had mine produce it's first leaf in 8 months. I found the hard (easy) way that this plant doesn't like full sun, yet it's now starting to make new leaves under my lights, odd cause the lights are coloring up everything else more then the sun did...

Quote[/b] ]i doubt it when it arrived i sprayed all of my plants with pesticide/fungucide/mitecide so yes....
    Whatever you sprayed them with could also be the problem.
    \"Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.\"
    --P. J. O'Rourke
    GL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A CP source in California has informed me of adelae's sensitivitiy to chemicals whether they be pesticides, fungicides, etc. Perhaps you should flush the pot with plenty of RO water and then wait. Hopefully with time it will come back.

Chris

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no doubt at all that the chemical bath robbed you of your dew. Flush the pot once, put it in a water tray, leave it alone, give it lots of light, and wait. Chemicals can often times affect drosera in this way. Good to use the chems for protection, but expect adverse effects from time to time. Sometimes, they will kill your plants. Be careful.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My adelae did the same thing. In fact the older leaves have lots of dew, but the leaves right above it have none. Then the newest leaves produce lots of dew. It looks kinda wierd, anyway I only have one 30w cf above it and it stays nice and red. Good luck with yours.

-Rail
    My life sucks

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes, IME adelae is extremely sensitive to chemicals. i can't touch it with anything and it will only grow in pure LFS (i use live). very sensitive to water aswell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Jan. 02 2006,2:13)]yes, IME adelae is extremely sensitive to chemicals. i can't touch it with anything and it will only grow in pure LFS (i use live). very sensitive to water aswell.
    That's funny, mine will only grow in pure peat moss, and it won't do anything in live or dead lfs. I,too,can only water it with distilled or RO water as it is very sensitive to minerals and chemicals in water IME.
    John 3:16
    My grow list/want list
    Prior to the funeral home visit, we heard ~ "Hey'all watch this ! !"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmmm well i did "wash" it with distilled water. I knew that they were sensetive to fertilizers but I wasnt sure about the other things so I did anyways. I looked at the new still rolled up leaves cloesly and i notices strands of somthing on them. here are some pics of both of them...

Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If those pictures are taken under your grow lights, it's not enough light.
    \"Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.\"
    --P. J. O'Rourke
    GL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast