Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No Dew

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

Hello,
    My Adelae and Capensis are strangly not producing dew. Their conditions are above 70% Humididty and about 65-70 degrees. Are leaves produced with dew or can they "make" it without a new leaf?
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they can make it... although I noticed if adelea lost its dew, it probably won't come back on that leaf... maybe its the amount of light?
    It is hard to always be a human being... people get in the way.

An education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
    - Terry Pratchett

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (glider14 @ Jan. 01 2006,2:04)]Hello,
    My Adelae and Capensis are strangly not producing dew. Their conditions are above 70% Humididty and about 65-70 degrees. Are leaves produced with dew or can they "make" it without a new leaf?
    How much light are the receiving? To little light can result in the loss of dew. Also, have they been recently transplanted,shipped,etc.? If you have recently acquired them,it might take about 3-4 new leafs to begin producing dew. If the older leaves have not yet produced dew,they most likely won't. The temp and humidity sounds fine for both them,especially D.adelae,which does best in cooler conditions IME.
    John 3:16
    My grow list/want list
    Prior to the funeral home visit, we heard ~ "Hey'all watch this ! !"

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dew production is essentially a function of adequate lighting. Where do you keep the plants? What kind of lighting are you using?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've read a few times of people having the same problem. I was one of them. Some say that adelae can spontaneously lose it's dew for no apparent reason. With time it comes back. Whether this is true or not, I don't know. I had a mature adelae that lost all it's dew and eventually died. A week later new plantlets sprang up all over the place and are doing fine covered in tons of dew. Good luck!

Chris

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With D. adelae, that's a different phenomenon - the "playing 'possum" thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tetranychidae -- Plant parasitic spider mites. Whenever I experience a plant that suddenly begins to decline, I always look for mites and usually find them. I still haven't found a solution that I can endorse completely, but I am still open for suggestions. For me cinnamon oil helps a lot, but doesn't do the job 100%.
    Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]How much light are the receiving? To little light can result in the loss of dew. Also, have they been recently transplanted,shipped,etc.?
    yes they were just shipped to me but they had plastic cups over them and i saw no dew in it so i dont know... i have a 50 watt grow light about 12 hours so it couldnt be that.
    Quote[/b] ]With D. adelae, that's a different phenomenon - the "playing 'possum" thing.
    intresting... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]
    Quote[/b] ]Tetranychidae -- Plant parasitic spider mites
    i doubt it when it arrived i sprayed all of my plants with pesticide/fungucide/mitecide so yes....

i guess ill just have to wait and see [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast