Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Water and Dew?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK guys I got a question, because I made a very weird observation today.
    I know distilled water is the best to use, but I couldnt get it so I used all sorts of waters untill I came to fluoridated baby water and it literally worked wonders... my droserae were never dewier.
    Now today I finally found distilled water, so I decided hey why not use it?
    I did... and the plants looks like they are in a desert or something... they just dried up before my eyes! no dew and they look dry... is it just a shock or something. I know it happens with animals and humans (humans go into shock when they lived in trash all their lives and come to a clean environment).
    So is it just a shock of purity or should I go back to fluoridated... its a bit costly, but works like magic!
    It is hard to always be a human being... people get in the way.

An education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
    - Terry Pratchett

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]So is it just a shock of purity or should I go back to fluoridated... its a bit costly, but works like magic!
    Wish you had pictures to show us the difference, it would be very interesting to see. As for answers, I have none, except be very wary of using water with high mineral contents over long periods of time.

-Homer

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'd stick with the cheaper (distilled) for a while. If after a while they perk up and look nice again, then a bit of patience will have saved you some cash. And if distilled continues to suck, for some reason, then further experiments are in order!
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did someone say 'experiment'? Ever since I left the lab job, with all the free deionized water I wanted, I have taken to collecting rain and snow. Western New York gets a lot of snow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL jim. I lived in upstate new york... 7 foot snowbanks were a must lol... kinda fun fumping off a roof into them [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    not good for driving though [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    Its been 2 days now since I switched to distilled... and yeah they look better already [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] better color and dewier! can't wait to see the results in a couple weeks.
    Thanks for all the help guys [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

An education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
    - Terry Pratchett

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know that phrase 'Upstate NY'! That is what folks from NYC/LI call the rest of the State! I'm originally from Bronx & Huntington. How about you?

How much is distilled water in The City?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I lived few hours from Canadian border up at the northern region of the state. like between albany and canada.
    I live in brroklyn now, water is 99 cents.
    Originally I'm from... oh boy lol eastern europe, thus my ability to speak more than one language [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

- Terry Pratchett

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]So is it just a shock of purity or should I go back to fluoridated... its a bit costly, but works like magic!
    Hi Dimka,
    As you've probably inferred from the other responses, this is an unusual impact from distilled water....

You may want to return to the fluoridated water to see if the plants actually do perk back up (and probably back again to distilled water to confirm causation).
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast