User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: How long do seeds stay viable?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the Drosera went to seed some time ago and I managed to collect up numerous seed packets. I SASE'd most of them away but after shuffling some papers it turns out I still have some from several months back. What is the chance that these things are still viable? I sprinkled the rest of the seed into a pot with my VFT's but so far no sign of growth there.
    1 Nxventrata

D. muscipula & D. muscipula 'Red Dragon'(barely)

Sarracenia leucophylla(seedling)

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had tuberous seeds stored in the fridge for several months and they still germinated. I now have 40+ seedlings, well I don't know if they are tuberous just yet, but I do have 40+ Drosera seedlings [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL....do you have that capensis weed problem? I'm still trying to get some to grow for me. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img]

These did not get the luxury of being stored in the fridge. I went all in and chucked them into the mini bog and added a few seeds to a pot I keep my seedling leucos in. Thataway if these seeds can germinate I will know.
    1 Nxventrata

D. muscipula & D. muscipula 'Red Dragon'(barely)

Sarracenia leucophylla(seedling)

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis