What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How long do seeds stay viable?

So the Drosera went to seed some time ago and I managed to collect up numerous seed packets. I SASE'd most of them away but after shuffling some papers it turns out I still have some from several months back. What is the chance that these things are still viable? I sprinkled the rest of the seed into a pot with my VFT's but so far no sign of growth there.

I had tuberous seeds stored in the fridge for several months and they still germinated. I now have 40+ seedlings, well I don't know if they are tuberous just yet, but I do have 40+ Drosera seedlings
smile.gif

LOL....do you have that capensis weed problem? I'm still trying to get some to grow for me.
smile_k_ani_32.gif

These did not get the luxury of being stored in the fridge. I went all in and chucked them into the mini bog and added a few seeds to a pot I keep my seedling leucos in. Thataway if these seeds can germinate I will know.

Back