Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: water budding

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

hey yall, well i got two healthy leaves from my capensis and adaele . if i wanted to water bud them all i do is put them in distilled water? any other info How long will it take to bud normally?
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea that's it. Keep away from direct sunlight. A windowsill is a good place. It usually takes 3-4 weeks, sometimes longer. Change the water weekly or when you see algae. I think right now is not a good time to try to propagate, but that's just my opinion. In past experiences, I always use clean leafs with no bugs on them, everytime it has bugs on it, it lowers the chances of it budding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok thanks i have another question...when it does bud...then what do i do??
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About 3-4 weeks. When it starts budding, you can take it out right away or leave it in for a week or so and just place it on whatever mix you use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and it will root by itself?

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another modification to this approach would be to put the leaves in a container that already has soil media and just overfill it. In time the leaves bud. Instead of removing it from a water matrix and moving it one that is solid, just let it evaporate and adjust slowly. I have had problems when transferring buds/plantlets/seedlings to a different matrix. Gradual is a safer approach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Jan. 12 2006,4:51)]Another modification to this approach would be to put the leaves in a container that already has soil media and just overfill it. In time the leaves bud. Instead of removing it from a water matrix and moving it one that is solid, just let it evaporate and adjust slowly. I have had problems when transferring buds/plantlets/seedlings to a different matrix. Gradual is a safer approach.
    I thought jimscott would chime in. Water is his friend. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    John 3:16
    My grow list/want list
    Prior to the funeral home visit, we heard ~ "Hey'all watch this ! !"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Floating leaves and other obove-ground plant parts (flower buds and stalks) in water to form buds and plantlets (complete with roots) has been a favorite of mine for about 30 years now.
    Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast