What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera humbertii

The December 2005 issue of Carnivorous Plant Newsletter 34(4):100-105 has a fantastic article by Eric Schlosser, Notes on some little known carnivorous plants from Madagascar. Included in that article is a discussion about finding Drosera humbertii. I have scoured the Web for several years and have never found a photo of D. humbertii. Eric was kind enough to send me the photo below.
DroseraHumbertii_EricSchlosser2004.jpg

Another photo can be found in the CPN article.

I was just reading some of that article. Definitely a cool plant.

I saw the article and loved the photos. I like the super tall stems.

One of the things I found interesting about the article was the possibility that some of the very tall Drosera humbertii were growing since 1955.  I don't know how long Drosera live in the wild, but that seems pretty old.

it looks alot like D. Scorpidoes.
smile.gif

At least it doesn't look like a D. Spatulata!

Has D. humbertii been introduced into cultivation?

-Ben

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Brian_W @ Jan. 15 2006,1:18)]One of the things I found interesting about the article was the possibility that some of the very tall Drosera humbertii were growing since 1955.  I don't know how long Drosera live in the wild, but that seems pretty old.
I find that to be pretty incredible as far as Drosera age goes. I can't imagine my Drosera still being around in another 50 years!

Back