What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Odd D. regia problem

I've had my two D. regias for a couple months now. First they were growing under 61 watts of light in one of my grow chambers, then I moved them both to another one of my grow chambers which has 106 watts of light. They were doing great in the first grow chamber, but after the move I started to notice that the tips of the leaves were becoming burnt. What's odd is that the plants are producing TONS of dew and are otherwise looking very healthy, putting out new leaves and everything. It's just that the ends of the leaves are turning black. Very, very odd.

Do you think that the light is too much for them? Maybe they need some more time to adjust? Perhaps it isn't cool enough for them in the grow chamber? Right now the temps don't exceed 85 during the day, so I doubt that could be the problem.

I should try moving one of them to another tank and see how it does....

This kind of thing happens to my D. binata sometimes, especially when I move it or when I start opening the windows for ventilation. The new leaves will mostly unroll, then the tapered tip and the last few centimeters of leaf will turn black before unfurling. After a few weeks it will acclimate and start fully unrolling its leaves, only producing the aborted leaf tips every once in a while. Generally, the leaves with bum tips are otherwise colorful, dewy and robust. I wouldn't worry unless the plant's general health begins to decline.
Good luck,
~Joe

Thanks Seedjar. It's good to know that my regias will most likely rid themselves of this problem with time. It's still frustrating though
confused.gif

Back