What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Byblis fiflifolia

A couple of weeks ago my B. Filifolia died (it lived for four months, flowered for three weeks and died), Now that the adult is dead the 12'' pot that had the last of the original three plants plant has a trillion (26) little seedlings with two germinating each day. could it be possible that they secrete a chemical that does not allow the seeds to germinate untill the death of the mother plant?

I didn't know that filifolia was an annual? I thought only B.liniflora was? I never heard anything about a chemical, I think only Drosophyllum makes that.

Filifolia is an anual, it, unfortunatly lived exactly like a liniflora, in fact the only diffrence is the size, oh and how much more dewy it is than liniflora...

Also, unlike other Byblis species, it is a proven carnivore that is able to digest insects without help from Capsid bugs.

Back