What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here are some pics from tonight. Someone mentioned how prolific D. capensis is. I tapped a flower stalk over this pot of peat/sand a while back, and this is what I got:
b66208fc.jpg

Here's a mystery dew. I got it in a raffle at a BACPS meeting, and it was labeled D. ?:
5335c218.jpg

Here's D. graomogolensis. I can't even try to pronounce that:
40b20f74.jpg

Here's D. admirabilis, forming a stem of sorts:
b3181686.jpg

And finally, D. tomentosa:
bd7bd61d.jpg

Capslock

could D. ? be D. rotundifolia?

smile_k_ani_32.gif
Stunning plants you've got!

Did you grow the D. graomogelensis from seed? If so, were any special techniques involved?

I also really like the D. sp?. And the D. tomentosa.

Peter

I believe D. graomogolensis is pronounced: grau-MOG-o-len-sis. The D.? looks like a rotundifolia hybrid.

Agreed Phil. I think it looks like that rotundifolia x capillaris hybrid that's been making the rounds out here.

Rubra, no, I got it as a tiny plant. No special growing techniques. I have a drosera tray in my highland grow room. 55 nights, about 75-80 day temps. They sit about 5 inches under under four-foot cheap fluorescent tubes.

Capslock

I always love seeing your sundews Capslock
smile.gif

Great growing!

Max, finally yout got away from those green things with pitchers to the beautiful world of sundews! ;)

Absolutely fantastic!!!!

Cheers,
Jan

I have found D. capensis seedlings in every sarr, dew, and VFT pot in my collection. And I was very careful with the seed pods too. now I just snip off the scapes before they have a chance to bloom.
I really like the D. graomogolensis and the D. tomentosa. I gotta get some of those.

D. rotundifolia x capillaris was my guess for the D.?.

Great looking dews caps.

Hi Capslock,

Some really nice plants! I especially like the D. montana var tomentosa (or D. tomentosa if you prefer) and D. graomogolensis. Do you have location-data for this plants?

Your unknown Drosera looks like a Hybrid with Drosera capillaris to me.

Christian

Thanks! Jan, I'm simply augmenting my nepenthes collection with these "companion plants"! LOL!!!!

Christian, I don't have location data for D. tomentosa, but D. graomogolensis is from Itacambira, Minas Gerais, Brazil.

smile_k_ani_32.gif
WOW Drooooooooooooooool, fantastic pics and most deffinately awsome beautiful dews you have there Capslock. I was gona say rotundifolia on the mystery dew as well, kida looks like my rotundifolia. Anyways LOOOOOOOOVE that D. montana tomentosa... That D. graomogolensis is one very cool lookig dew...
smile_n_32.gif

Nice sundews! I really like the D. admirabilis. They look like little UFOs taking off.

Brian

Hi guys,

>I believe D. graomogolensis is pronounced: grau-MOG-o-len-sis.

Remember there is no official way to pronounce latinized taxonomical names, BUT...
smile.gif
I tend to pronounce it more like: "grau-mog-o-LEN-sis".

Take Care,
Fernando Rivadavia

Back