User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yessssssss! my D. indica sprouted.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ] Next on my list is the D. hartmeyerorum seeds that I have had buried on the same desk. I think they are close to two years old. Maybe more. So far only 2 of them have germinated. That's 2 more than I expected. Gonna have to treat them extra special so I can get more seed.
    I find myself in a similar position, with seeds "buried in a desk." This's some good motivation to ignore the fact that they're probably inviable by now and give it a shot. Keep it comin'! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just an update on the seedlings. They are now about 2 to 2 inches tall. Twenty four of the 40 seedlings I started with have survived my care so far, plus another 13 seeds sprouted after I first posted for a total of 37 plants. The last 13 are still pretty small right now. That seems to be the biggest "gotcha" that sprouting them in water has. They don't mature as fast as seed spouted on soil do. That, I think, may be due to tha lack of nutrients in the water.

Here's a pic of the first batch:

---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats great man I know you get a huge amount of satisfaction from them.I just sowed some seeds last week.How long does it normally take venusta and spatulata to sprout?

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TheDuke- it should take anywhere from 2 weeks to a couple of months, usually I get germination in about a months with rosetted sundews

BCK- I only recently FINALLY got this species to sprout for me- a word of caution, the person who sent me the seeds cautioned that once you get success with the species, it can get like D.capensis in the "weedy" department, so keep a close eye- somehow I got seeds in more than one pot and I sowed them onto a pot that wasn't even in my tray at the time, still duuno how exactly that happened but it did so be careful man!!
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (mabudon @ May 31 2006,6:43)]...somehow I got seeds in more than one pot and I sowed them onto a pot that wasn't even in my tray at the time, still duno how exactly that happened but it did so be careful man!!
    Sounds like my D. binata seedlings. I have three or four that sprouted in several different pots. I haven't had D. binata seed in months, yet these popped up. I think they may be from some recycled soil that came from a pot of seedlings that I thought had failed. After 6 months of moss and slime I thought they were gonners. Guess I was wrong .

I forgot to mention I had some success with the D. hartmayerorum seeds I mentioned in my post on Feb. 20th. I now have four seedlings. Two of them may or may not grow, but the two others are doing well and enjpoying their meals of springtails
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12