What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Byblis and Drosera photos

Drosera stolonifera ssp stolonifera- perhaps my favourite Drosera
march06007.jpg

Byblis rorida- surely the strangest Byblis- looks like a B liniflora that's been stretched
march06027.jpg

B rorida snakes around other CPs
march06029.jpg

B filifolia- i broke a couple of leaves when moving it to be photographed
march06021.jpg

Drosera paradoxa- enjoying my new heated propogator
march06047.jpg

Great plants! I especially love that Byblis. I've never seen that one before.

Agreed, the B.rorida is interesting!

You don't see those two Byblis too often, that's for sure.
Well Done!
Can you elaborate on the heat propagator? I am looking for a good way to grow petiolaris...

Cheers,

Joe

Hey Greg, great pics. Thanks! Where do you come up with the gourmet Byblis?

Hi,

Thanks for the comments.
Joe- it's just a simple propogator with a heated base. I have attached three grow lux type 12 inch flourescent tubes to the inside of the top of the propogator. It gets very warm in there. I have a D ordensis and a D petiolaris ordered, so hopefully they will do as well as the paradoxa has. I've grown paradoxa for a few years in unheated conditions, but it has recently looked much better with the extra heat.
Jim- I have got all of my unusual Byblis (gigantea, lamellata, rorida, filifolia and recently B aquatica seeds) from contacts on CPUK. Requests on the CPUK Sales & Wants forum are often successful. Perhaps this forum also has a similar facility? My two largest B rorida are both currently producing flowers, so I may well have have some spare seed in a few months, if it's possible to send it to the US?

Cheers,

Greg

Back