What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have a ques. about adelae also

Well, my adelaes were growing very well, until I repotted them. They were very overcrowded. This is my second adelae that I bought (First was dead, because of water) and most of my CPs get either get sick or die after I repot them. So my adelae's leaves are getting dried and turn light brown even new forming leaves don't even producing dews, although in a high humidity. What is the problem
confused.gif
?

what are your growing conditions? The amount of light , water and heat can all make a big difference in how your plants cope.

adelae is not a lover of too much sun, they like shaded conditions.

I give it a purified water and temp. is around 60-70F's. I grow them in a partly shaded conditon.

Mine always seem to die back or even die after I repot them. Usually, they will resprout from the roots.
dewy

Could be the "playing 'possum" thing. Don't toss the plant. New plants for from the roots - eventually.

Well, the first one, died and couple plants came up, but they were not D. adelae,,, they looked like D. schizandra,, well, gotta have to wait, no choice.
Thanks for answering
smile.gif

The sprouts that come up from the roots often look round and not adult like. Be patient they will change as they grow.

when they first come up all baby adelaes look like schizandras. It is very unlikely you are lucky enough to have picked up a pot of adelae with stray schizandra in. I think you can be pretty sure your babies are adelaes.

Back