What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pygmy bog garden

Hi heres some pics from my pygmy bog garden - which soon should include meristocaulis  ( which i am trying to germinate in the garden ).
regards belinda
DSCF3824.jpg

DSCF3835.jpg

DSCF3809.jpg

DSCF3639.jpg

DSCF3769.jpg

DSCF3641.jpg

DSCF3816.jpg

DSCF3767.jpg

DSCF3789.jpg

The garden is surrounded by fireheath & protea and should look great next spring .
Ive created different areas with some pure sand and washed river gravel ranging right throught to pure peat areas  - i aim to increase the size to about  5mtr square.
I currently have about 20 species and aim to increase this this winter

very nice! you're lucky you live in a climate where you can have a nice bog of pygmies all the time, I wish I lived in a warm region like you, supposed to snow 4 days straight here

wow!!

I love it, i think ive said this allready!

Cheers

WOW indeed, that's a real nice natural looking setup, really good work
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kirkscoastalcarnivores @ Mar. 18 2006,10:22)]very nice! you're lucky you live in a climate where you can have a nice bog of pygmies all the time, I wish I lived in a warm region like you, supposed to snow 4 days straight here
Kirk, think Seattle - clouds and rain!  
smile_m_32.gif

DSCF3767.jpg

Belinda, great pictures! I also enjoyed your editorial comments in the other two topics.  
smile_n_32.gif

I attempted to bring the other picture on the screen. I think it just had the forwward slash in front of the img for the opening tag. Here goes...

Thanks Jim
Images now fixed
regards Belinda

That's fantastic. There are so many of them.
smile.gif
You gotta love those pygmies.

Great growing!

I love seeing so many pygmies together! Drosera carpets are cool to begin with, but pygmy ones are possibly even cooler.

I especially like your last pic at ground level through the "forest" of flower scapes.
cool.gif

Hi belinda,
Great pics - thanks for sharing! Bogs are the next best thing to nature and always great in a yard garden. Do you have any pics showing the whole pygmy-bog (overview)?

Really incredible. I started growing sundews in my bog years ago, and had a realy nice carpet forming of pygmies, but then worms too up residence and they bury EVERYTHING! Very frustrating. Every poison I've found so far to kill them will also kill goldfish and has a long half-life. The concern being that if the pond overflows, or vice versa, the chemicals could wash into the pond and kill the gold fish.

Stephen Davis
www.carnivorousplants.homestead.com

I realise I'm late, but GOODNESS, what gorgeous pictures! Pygmies are my "first-among-equals" favorite cp. Seeing this many of them in one place just makes my heart go pitty-pat. You are indeed fortunate (and, obviously, skilled). If I had any skills to sell, I'd move to Australia myself.
While I will grow most of mine in pots, I am going to try to set up a bog-type situation here (sub-tropical Florida), just to see if I can get something started. Wish me luck.
setep (Ron Ruppel)

Back