User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: D. Burmanni

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some seed of Drosera Burmanni I recieved from CP30 in a trade a little while back has germinated. More than I was expecting:

The advice I want is what should I do with it? Will it be okay as it is or should I try to spread them out? Also, are they safe to trade or would they end up dying in the mail?

Thanks,
    Eric

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a messy mass! I would use a tweezer and carefully pick them out one by one. I have done that before with D. burmanni and there is no loss at all. But of course, they were not germinating as closely as yours.

If you keep them in the clump and not separate them beforehand, a couple of days in the post shouldn't be a problem.
    Cindy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From my experience, D. burmanni is an enjoyable and fast growing sundew. They typically reach flowering maturity a few months after germination and they have some of the fastest moving tentacles among the Drosera. Definitely one of my favorites

As for your questions: I don't think you need to spread them out. They'll be just fine if you leave them where they are. I wouldn't try trading them through the mail until they're a little older though.

By the way, where did you scatter that seed? If it's in that classic terrarium of yours then brace yourself for the D. burmanni takeover. They spread quite rapidly via copious seed production!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]LLeopardGGecko: By the way, where did you scatter that seed? If it's in that classic terrarium of yours then brace yourself for the D. burmanni takeover. They spread quite rapidly via copious seed production!
    They're in a seperate little glass all by themselves for now I was thinking of putting them next to the D. Spatulata clump and just letting them fight over turf

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (elandolf @ Mar. 26 2006,12:18)]
    Quote[/b] ]LLeopardGGecko: By the way, where did you scatter that seed? If it's in that classic terrarium of yours then brace yourself for the D. burmanni takeover. They spread quite rapidly via copious seed production!
    They're in a seperate little glass all by themselves for now I was thinking of putting them next to the D. Spatulata clump and just letting them fight over turf
    Hahahaha! That would be a good fight. I wonder who'd win that one...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I currently have both capensis and burmanni planted in a pot together. Right now the capensis is whooping up on the burmanni, but the burmanni is sending up flower stalks so I'm sure the capensis is going down.
    My life sucks