What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sundews not recovering

I got a D. aliciae and an D. spatulata 'fraser island' from Cook's, and they've just been sitting in their pots for about a month, not doing anything, with no new growth at all. I fear they will just rot away without resuming growth. I sprayed them with Cleary 3336WP just in case today. Any suggestions?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mannex17 @ April 02 2006,2:23)]I got a D. aliciae and an D. spatulata 'fraser island' from Cook's, and they've just been sitting in their pots for about a month, not doing anything, with no new growth at all.  I fear they will just rot away without resuming growth.  I sprayed them with Cleary 3336WP just in case today.  Any suggestions?
What conditions do they have? How healthy were they when you received them?
dewy

Have their pots sit in containers of water and place at south-facing window sills.

I've kept them in a 50/50 peat perlite mix, and in a tray of distilled water. They're up in my room, sitting under two 4' fluorescent tubes. When I recieved them they looked pretty good. They were alive and all. I just can't fathom why they havn't resumed growth.

I bought a clump of bareroot D. spathulata a few months ago that didn't do anything for two, maybe even three, months. Then, all of the sudden, they started growing like crazy, so if they still look healthy, I'd just give it some time.

Well, there IS some green on the spatulata, but the aliciae has lost a lot of it's reddish color, and is starting to look weak.

THIS is a job for*SUPERTHRIVE!!!!!!!!!*
One drop of superthrive per half gallon of water will be more than enough. It will promote root growth, and give the root stock a nutrient wash, feeding the plant with nutrients it needs. (Don't confuse nutrients with fertilizer, cause thrive is NOT that.) It always helps to thrive plants that are transplanted as Superthrive can stop root shock in its tracks. Hit it now with thrive. It will definitely get that plant going if there is any life in it at all. Used thrive for 20 years, and it DOES work for the purpose it was intended for.

Back