User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: D. scorpiodes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How pink is pink ? I was told the gemmae were from the white flowered sp. but now the flowers are showing a distinct blush of pink. I guess my question is how pink is the pink flowered sp. ??
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and The American G. I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
    Romans 10: 9-13
    Growlist http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...04&#entry90304

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember mine being a medium pink, as oppoesd to pale or fuschia.

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When mine flowered... They were very white. The pictures i found in my library have no pink at all... But the plants were not getting very much light back then either. So I guess I don't know. lol
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dug up an old. blurry pic of flower buds, with D. binata lurking in the background:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi jimscott,
    Nice plants - plenty of flowers anyway. Interestingly I notice that you are growing them along with sphagnum - most pictures are of them on flat peat with other low growing mosses (as are mine). However I know that they eventually get too tall and fall over, then root as they go a bit. I wonder if growing them in sphagnum means the 'soil level' keeps up with the plant and so allows upright rooting as the plant grows...? Any idea what they grow in in habitat? Anyway I will be trying a couple of my pots with some sphagnum added and compare it to a couple without and see how they fare.

Best regards

Chris
    Chershire, UK where my first Sarracenia flowers are just opening (at last).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this will work ? Here's my first attempt at attaching a couple pics.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and The American G. I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
    Romans 10: 9-13
    Growlist http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...04&#entry90304

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (CactusChris @ April 06 2006,3:21)]Hi jimscott,
    Nice plants - plenty of flowers anyway. Interestingly I notice that you are growing them along with sphagnum - most pictures are of them on flat peat with other low growing mosses (as are mine). However I know that they eventually get too tall and fall over, then root as they go a bit. I wonder if growing them in sphagnum means the 'soil level' keeps up with the plant and so allows upright rooting as the plant grows...? Any idea what they grow in in habitat? Anyway I will be trying a couple of my pots with some sphagnum added and compare it to a couple without and see how they fare.

Best regards

Chris
    Chershire, UK where my first Sarracenia flowers are just opening (at last).
    This was part of my learning curve. I have since learned that sphagnum, especially when it becomes alive, overwhelms them. That batch almost totaly died out a few months later. They are naturally in a much sandier medium, something like 70-30% sand to peat. They also do better when attention is paid to vertical space to grow, more than horizontal.