What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Drosophyllum shots

Here's a shot of my Drosophyllum last year after I moved it into full exposure.

Drosophyllum6.jpg

Here's a shot of the plant after winter rains and winds and is going out of the sluggish winter state. I'm not sure why there are like 50 growth points, but it might have something to do with the wind. It looks really bushy now.

Drosophyllum9.jpg

OMG! That is AWESOME! What an outstanding droso!

SCORE! It's a friggin' Drosophyllum BUSH! Very nice!

Phong, my hat's off to you!!! That is one fine Dewy Pine! Your Vft's are very happy too! Great plant, man!

Thanks everyone for the comments. I can't wait till summer comes, bring on the sun!

Very nice.
I grow mine outside spring through fall. Then in the winter I move the plant inside, so mine never experiences a temp drop for winter.
Tell me about the temps of the winter slumber you put your plant through.

Jeez! That's an awesome plant!

-Ben

[b said:
Quote[/b] (elgecko @ April 08 2006,7:58)]Very nice.
Awesome Dew!

Mine just sprouted, they are like 1/2 inch tall. I cannot wait to see if mine will turn out so well.

I would also like to know about the winter temps

[b said:
Quote[/b] (elgecko @ April 08 2006,8:58)]Very nice.
I grow mine outside spring through fall. Then in the winter I move the plant inside, so mine never experiences a temp drop for winter.
Thanks.

The winter temps my plant endured are as follows:

Last December- average high=70.3F avg low 42F Highest=85.4F
Lowest=32.4F .29 Inch Precip

Last January- average high=69.1F avg low 40.5F Highest=89.9F Lowest=31.5F 1.22 Inch Precip

Last February- average high=72.6F avg low 41.4F Highest=85.9F Lowest=31.7F 2.17 Inch Precip

Last March- average high 63.1F avg low 42F Highest=81.9F
Lowest=35.2F 2.64 Inch Precip

So my plants received about 4-5 days under 32F throughout the winter. The humidity most of the time was low unless in was raining, cloudy, or a marine layer goes in. You can check out my climate and past archives at Temecula Weather

Oops forgot, so far its rained 1.78 inches all of April but expecting another inch or so. It's also hailed violently about 3 days ago.

Back