What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera A rehabilitation

My Drosera A has rotted all the way from overwatering. I currently keep it indoors, uncovered, with natural light. I keep it in a plastic tray and water it when necessary. Outside is not an option as of yet. I live in Michigan and it is still pretty cold. Any advice to promote growth would be greatly appreciated.

I have a digital pic but I can't seem to download it to this post.

What is a Drosera A?
adelae?
aliciae?
anglica?

D. adelae is pretty hardy and will usually come back to life after playing dead for a few weeks. I'd keep doing what you have so far. Keep the soil dryer (slightly moist to the touch) to discourage the growth of fungus until your adelae recovers. As a backup, you can propagate it by leaf or root cuttings easily in case the main plant doesn't recover.

Deja vu! Do the same as with the butterwort.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]D. adelae is pretty hardy and will usually come back to life after playing dead for a few weeks.

Mine just came back after 3 months of being a brown ball. I haven't been able to keep this plant looking alive, but I haven't been able to kill it either..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gawd_oOo @ April 08 2006,9:51)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]D. adelae is pretty hardy and will usually come back to life after playing dead for a few weeks.

Mine just came back after 3 months of being a brown ball. I haven't been able to keep this plant looking alive, but I haven't been able to kill it either..
I hear ya.My first plant took far too long to recover. In the end, I tossed, even though its roots wereintact. Shoulda just left it alone for another 2 months!

Thanks for the replies guys. It's been almost 2 months and I was starting to get impatient.

Mine is starting to get some red to it on just a little part of one of the leaves. I hope to see more in time but I think it will pull through.

Testing for picture attachment

Detroit%20House%20018.jpg

nothing. sign up at photobucket.com. there once the pics are uploaded you can highlight any of the options under the pic and plop it on the boards!
alex

[b said:
Quote[/b] (recacho638 @ April 22 2006,3:17)]This is a picture of my Drosera Adelae...is there any home?

My Webpage
The link doesn't work for me.

His link is for his computer. Go to photobucket.com, and sign up, then upload the pic, and copy and paste the code with the
in the name.

-Ben

Thanks.....can you see the attachment now?

Detroit%20House%20018.jpg

You can't use pics directly from your comp. You need to upload them onto a host site first.

-Ben

Back