User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: D. capensis, indoors or outdoors?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the advice, everyone. I've put the plant back in its old spot near an east-facing window. It doesn't get a lot of direct sunlight, however, maybe two hours a day. Should I be worried that it was growing towards the window or does the fact that it was growing quickly and that the leaves were very dewy mean that it was doing well?

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They like more of a southern or western exposure. They love the sun. But now it may react for awhile because of the change in conditions. Growing toward the window means it isn't getting enough light.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (glider14 @ April 10 2006,3:52)]Jimscott:what is the medium yours is growing in? and is that the alba form?
    That is the 'Alba' or 'Albino' form and the surface has sand, just to fill in some cracks. It was in a mix of sand and peat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like jimscott said, a south or west window would be better if you have one available, but I wouldn't worry too much if that east window is the best you can do. My cape sundews grew on an east window last year in my old house. I had no bright south or west windows because they all faced a covered patio. The plants also grew toward the window but were still healthy and flowered.
    Statik2426

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12