Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strange Leaves

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right Now I am growing a drosera and it is bright red and doing good! Lately though I have noticed some green leaves w/o dew and do not turn red! Is something else sprouting there or is it just normal? Can Someone answer that question for me!
    Hey! Wats Happenin! Lean Wit It Rock Wit It!

----------------

Ask Me How I Know....It's Me....Surprise! Its's Goin Down!

----------------

Do Watcha Do You And Yo Crew! Snap Yo Fingers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Helldragon4356 @ April 23 2006,3:45)]Right Now I am growing a drosera and it is bright red and doing good! Lately though I have noticed some green leaves w/o dew and do not turn red! Is something else sprouting there or is it just normal? Can Someone answer that question for me!
    Sounds like it is not getting enough light. What particular sundew is it?
    John 3:16
    My grow list/want list
    Prior to the funeral home visit, we heard ~ "Hey'all watch this ! !"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To me it doesn't look like a sundew whatsoever it doesnt even have the hairlike things for dew! Just yesterday though i repotted all of my plants and noticed that it seems to have seperate roots, they are just flat green leaves that grow out of the ground! Maybe another type of carniverous plant?

----------------

----------------

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had some crabgrass come up outta nowhere in a pot of Utrics, so the possibility that it is something altogether different from a carnivore is impossible to rule out...

if it's nothing but tiny, thread-like "leaves" that do not resemble the sundew you're growing in ANY way, and these leaves are connected underground by a network of stringy "roots", it could be a Utric,too
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You may be right! Now that you mention it, it does kinda look like grass. But Ill keep an eye on it

----------------

----------------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it might be a type of sedge, have them in my D. capensis. still trying to figure out where they came from though... oh yeah, heres one of them in a sperate pot, next to the capensis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YUP!! THATS IT! I dont kno where mine came either! Mine was growing with at Spatulata. I mean ive had my splatulata for almost a year and a half and not untill now did that plant start growing. Also where do you live to be able to grow ur plants healthily outside? I live in southern california. I grow mine in a terrarium too hot to grow outdoors and too hot to grow on a windowsill. Believe me Ive tried!

----------------

----------------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey thanks, I live over in michigan, near Detroit. Originaly i recieved it with my Sarracenia leucophylla last year from california carnivores, i let it bloom once, but cut it off before it went to seed. But for some reason I still have them coming up in my sarracenia, and drosera pots. All my plants but my sarracenia have been inside all winter. Thankfully it gets like six hours of sunlight. Im in zone six though so alot of my new plants can be outdoors year round, like sarracenia purpurea ssp purpurea, drosera rotundifolia, D. intermedia, my temperate pings. The other ones that werent inside were in the heated garage, kept at around 40 all winter. I really should load the rest of my pictures soon, i only have like 50 megabytes worth so far this year

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast