User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: D.scorpiodioes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of my D.scorpidoes are going dormant, but the problem is that the pots have also two other Drosera species. The other two species are D.peltata....I think and another pgymy. Can the pot still be watered and yea I know I spelled the species name wrong, but I am at my friend's house, so I am typing as fast as I can.

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as I know, D scorpioides does not go dormant (mine never have in last 3 years).

D. petalta is going to want a dry summer dormancy.

That said, I have D. petalta growing in a pot of VFT that is regularly watered all summer long and its still growing.
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (vft guy in SJ @ May 02 2006,9:15)]That said, I have D. petalta growing in a pot of VFT that is regularly watered all summer long and its still growing.
    Doesyour peltata still go dormant, or does the moisture keep it from dormancy?
    All proofs inevitably lead to propositions that have no proof. All things are known because we want to believe in them.

My Growlist updated with available trades and pictures - PM if interested

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    D. scorpioides should be flowering right now.

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (CP30 @ May 03 2006,8:47)]
    Quote[/b] (vft guy in SJ @ May 02 2006,9:15)]That said, I have D. petalta growing in a pot of VFT that is regularly watered all summer long and its still growing.
    Doesyour peltata still go dormant, or does the moisture keep it from dormancy?
    Last summer it went dormant and reappeared sometime back in February.
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (PiranhaPlant @ May 02 2006,7:40)]Some of my D.scorpidoes are going dormant, but the problem is that the pots have also two other Drosera species. The other two species are D.peltata....I think and another pgymy. Can the pot still be watered....
    The problem most people have with D. scorpioides being wet when it's dormant is mold killing them. I would cut back the watering as much as possible. Watering only enough to keep the soil moist. If you top water, do it at a point farthest from the scorpioides and avoid getting it near them as much as possible. Other than that there's not to much you can do. I wouldn't get too worried about it though as my plants have suffered 4 years of my abuse and are still doing well. That's not counting the pot I forgot to water for 5 weeks this last winter .
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How does a dormant scorpioides look like? Mine has been stunned since a couple of months ago, not growing and not dying. Dormant?
    Cindy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They just look brown with alot of that white stuff on top of the plant, I think it's called stiuples?