Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Many Drosera and other CPs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

B. gigantea- twice the size of last year- and already with several large flowers

D. ordensis- doing well in my heated and artificially lit propagator

Brocchinia reducta with prey

D venusta- hopefully lots of seed will follow

D mannii- apparently Slack's favourite pygmy

D regia- small but rapidly increasing in size. I can't wait until it becomes a true giant

A Sarracenia hybrid from Marston- lots of flava and purpurea venosa in it, but can't remember the exact hybrid

P rotundiflora

P cyclosecta

Byblis lamellata- hopefully, it will flower by around September time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautiful!

What kind of temps are you keeping your D. regia in? My two D. regia don't seem to like my higher temps...

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice pics, that Sarr flower is beautiful!

Is that a D. stolonifera or some such in the background of the B.gigantea pic?
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice growing Greg. D. mannii was named for its discoverer Phill Mann, and a little birdie told me Phill has another candidate for species publication, but it's hush hush right now. Apparently there was quite a faracas over the naming and publication of D. mannii....glad Phill won out or the plant would have a different name. Can you show the rosette of D.venusta, I be curious to see how it compares with D. "coccicaulis".
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the comments.

Hi Madubon- yes, that is D stolonifera in the background. It's not looking at tis best at the moment- I think it's going dormant.

Hi Tamlin,

Here's the rosette. By mid-summer, it is larger and redder than it is at this time of year.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In spite of the fact that I have dial up, I just had to check this out. i knew it would be worth the wait!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the photo Greg. NOW that one looks just like what I grew as D. "coccicaulis" vs the plant Capslock just posted on his outdoor grown D. venusta.

All my confusion stems from Ribert Gibson's comments on the photo I sent him of my D. "coccicaulis" which he satated looked like D. venusta! Phooey on the whole issue. In my opinion they are D. venusta ALL, and apparently widely variable from what I have seen and grown. I still am of the opinion that they are all hybrid D. dielsiana, populations of which became isolated back when **** Clark was in grade school.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Tamlin,

Not sure who **** Clarke is, but I think that, from what I have read on the forums, a surprising number of Drosera are of hybrid origin. This is an interesting thread on another forum about a similar topic http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14705

NB- I hope I don't upset people by posting the link. I think that BOTH forums are invaluable to the CP community; I don't really see them as rivals, especailly as neither are commercial enterprises.

Cheers,

Greg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast