Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lowes cube!

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think a lot has to do with just how negelcted (or not) the plant chosen is. Actually, I'm 2 for 2 with the Lowes cube D. adelae. The last one, which is also current, was a 3 in 1 in which only the Cobra Lily was visible before purchase. So I asked and received a discount. Both the adelae and VFT were buried and white, beneath the soil. I repotted and put them both at a window sill. Eventually, I put them both outside and the adeale came down with aphids. I drowned the aphids and the plant looked like a "drowned rat" for a few weeks. That plant has been flowering for the past several weeks - and so is one of its plantlets. And yes, they do seem to die back at some point. My first one did that. I'm waiting for the current one to do so. I keep them indoors, now, at a SE will, and water when the level is almost nothing, which is evry couple weeks or so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the plant i picked was the biggest and the dewiest plant there was! i also got what i think is S. minor but the lable said Rubra. i can definatly tell this is Minor. anyways i took the top off that and it looked dead. now there is cup over it. it is slowly acclimating to the sun and im putting holes in the top so i can get it to be used to lower humidity(which i think was the problem in the first place).
    Jim:they had cobra lilies there but they were brown...could they possibly come back to life?
    alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always preach that as long as there is green, there is life. But it may be a lost cause. All ya can do is try. Is there any green at all?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also bought a cobra from Lowes but not exactly sure how to grow it.First I had it in the window with not cover.Didn't seem to do well so I put a cover over it but still the same.It seems that the plant is determined to die.Other then that all my lowes plants have done well(adelae and vft).Not to mention I bought the last 3-4 adelaes for cheap since they had em so long.I think it was $6 for 4 of them.

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (TheDuke @ May 31 2006,8:48)]I also bought a cobra from Lowes but not exactly sure how to grow it.First I had it in the window with not cover.Didn't seem to do well so I put a cover over it but still the same.It seems that the plant is determined to die....
    Sounds like it is in shock caused by a rapid drop in humidity when you removed the cover combined with an abrupt increase in light when you place it in the window. Garden Center plants often need a little more TLC when you first get them, because the GC has usually put them in an area with low light levels and watered with tap water if they watered them at all. I gradually adapt my plants by putting them in bright indirect light and gradually opening the cover over the period of a couple weeks until I can remove the cover. I do basically the same thing with direct sunlight. Gradually increase the amount they are getting over a period of time, until they can handle full direct sun.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To supplement what BCK said, I leave the cover on for a couple days and away from direct light. Then I remove the cover during the day and cover by night for another couple days, gradually moving the plant closer to the window, or at least from am east window to a south one. The main thing is that in getting from point A->E, one should B, C, & K.... I mean D.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got 2 Sundews from my local Lowes and just removed the tops with no problems at all. I even repotted them and they're doing GREAT! One is even sending up a flower stalk right now!

Sundews are GREAT! Mine draw little nats like crazy!

Tom
    Twitter : Tommytimbertoes

This signature removed because of whining little crybabies.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12