What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the problem?

Ok I have a sundew I don't know what kind it is though I got it from lowes. Well I have it out side in a mix of ~half sand and half peat ~ 4 in deep its undrained. I think it would be somewhere around partly sunny or mostly sunny. The thing is it doesnt produce the "dew". thanks

It could be a combination of several things.

First an most common is transplant shock. Even if it's not been transplanted and is in the same container you purchased it in, the conditions it's in now are different than what they were at the store. More light, more air circulation and less humidity for starters. Or second, it may have been watered with fertilizer or tap water at the store if it was watered at all.

While the second possibility may have occured, I'd lean towards it being in shock from a change in condtions.

does it have long sword shaped leaves? if so its D. Adaele....you might want to give it a bit more humidity...
alex

Plus D. adelae doesn't like direct sun all that much.

-Ben

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glider14 @ June 09 2006,10:16)]does it have long sword shaped leaves? if so its D. Adaele....you might want to give it a bit more humidity...
alex
yeah well how would i give it more humidity could i get the tall part of the cube and put it over it?

Does it look like this?

AF001001.jpg
D. adelae

or this?

101_0120.jpg
D. spatulata

BCK has the rest covered. They are often neglected and / or in shock and need time to recover (light, open tray, distilled water, stable conditions).

Back