Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drosophyllum seeds

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got my seed to germinate on my 3rd seed I tried.
    Sanded the seed lightly. Placed in an 8" pot of equal parts perlite, peat moss, and vermiculite. Placed on my south facing windowsill.
    I grew this plant this way 1 year inside at this location. Now I place it outside during the summer.
    It's two years old now. I know that drosophyllum can branch, and it looks like mine is starting to.

There is around 4 - 6 of what looks to be new growth forming. As you can see from the first picture there is already a much smaller leaf growing from the main stem.

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (droseradude @ June 23 2006,5:33)]wow. well anyway, I did finish soaking them, now im going to cut the tips off. what conditions should I keep the seeds in when I put them on soil?
    Uh, the reason for cutting off the tips is to permit the soaking to work better. If you reverse the order, soak before scarifying (cutting the tips off), you may be defeating the purpose for the tip cutting.
    Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Tamlin Dawnstar @ June 22 2006,10:15)]Other folk have it come up as a weed and they dont remember sowing it.
    That would be me! This little guy was a stowaway, presumably obtained by accident from elgecko's collection.

It survived the move from PA to WNY and repotting. But after another repotting, to accommodate more root development, after its 9th leaf, it withered and died.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12