What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In search of seeds

I was wondering where a good place to get drosera seeds are without mooching off the people on this forum too much?

BugweedFarms is a good place for American drosera. There are D. f. ssp. tracyi with location info seed here, and d. f. ssp filiformis from the Jersey Pine Barrens here, as well as d. intermedia "Carolina Giant" from Brunswick Co., North Carolina as well. Whattaya wanna do??? No such thing as mooching here. If we got seed, we give it up as a general rule.

Trading isn't considered mooching either. Never know what someone is willing to trade for. Even long time grower lose a "common" CP and need a replacement. Now if you'll excuse me I have to prey to the gods of S. purpurea ssp purpurea to preserve my 3rd vict... uhh..erm plant that I am about to get.

Steve,
Do not kill this one!
smile_m_32.gif

Thrid time is always a charm. That's how many times it took me to succeed for Heliamphora heterodoxa x minor. Almost gave up on this one. Glad I did not.

What gets me is the Ceph I got from you took off and didn't miss a beat. It's supposed to be a hard to grow plant that needs coddling and cooing to get it to grow. The purp is supposed to be a stick it in the pot and it grows type of plant. Yet I've lost two so far this year and the ceph is still growing and I have a cutting of it that's already got two leaves and a tiny pitcher. I just can't figure these guys out!
smile_n_32.gif

I second the bit about willingness to share. It seems to be a characteristic of the true cp addict. I personally have nothing yet, but big plans for the future.
Pending that (it could be a while), I've had success with Lawrie (Aus), Silverhill (S. Af.) and Doug and Vivi Rowland (UK). The jury's still out (although with kudos for initial rsponse) on CEGnursery(US) and shop-a-float(UK). I, personally. am in a bad-luck streak with seeds in general, but all that is bound to turn around.
laugh.gif

Back