User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: New Enthusiast - Drosera Concerns-General Growing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be running to the local nursery today to pick up some things, including soil.. as in the VFT care sheet, i presume peat moss and perlite will be acceptable? I will also be picking up a couple gallons of R/O water as I don't want to risk anything using tap water. I may even come home with a new Pitcher Plant Anything that you guys see as being a CP grower's necessity? Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if your placing your plants outside just make sure you have a tray that holds lots of water. i like a tray that holds enough water where i only have to fill it up every other day even in 100 degree heat. longer if temps are cooler and humidity is higher. because you will forget one day so consier a larger tray and a bit of extra water an insurance policy
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I do this won't I need to place rocks in it so that the plants roots don't rot from being constanly saturated?

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no. they grow in bogs. you can let the water evaporate before refilling if you want, but i dont with my outside plants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JustLikeAPill, is there any items you feel as being necessary for growing CP's that I should pick up? I don't want to come home and find myself cursing that I forgot to pick up some (insert something here) Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nope not really anything you need except for soil and pots and rubbermaid container to hold waiter.

you can get some Superthrive from the garden center if you want. some people swear by it, some people think it's snake oil. it's only like 10 dollars a bottle so i use it just in case you can get fungicide if you want since you'll probably use it later. i spray newely planted plants with it just in case.

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty much all you need is a pot, water tray, good substrate, clean water and sun.

If your Drosera turns out to be D. adelae, then you will also need a small compact fluorescent light bulb (the twisted up kind that screws in a standard bulb socket) and a cheap reflector lamp (think the big round shiny aluminum ones). A well stocked home center should have everything that you need, and maybe even a few more plants to help further your addiction.

Steve
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and if it is D. adelae i suggest never use any chemicals or fertilizers. a very light misting of superthrive is ok since it's hormones and vitamins

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast