User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: New Enthusiast - Drosera Concerns-General Growing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there are CP's that arent supposed to sit in water all the time. however 99% of Drosera, VFT's, Sarrs, most pings and about 90% of Utrics sit in water constantly. basically unless you find a Nep everything you find at a big box store will sit in water constantly with no problems. its only when yah start trading with CP nuts or buy from CP nurseries that you have to start paying a bit of attention.

you prolly want to pick up a copy of The Savage Garden, it usually runs about $20 or your local library might even have it. its an excellent guideline for growing CP's though if you read these forums ou will quickly find its not the final word in growing CP's and some of us grow ours in ways that are almost opposite of what it says but its definatly a good place to start
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, I'm home and without further adue: my pitiful looking plants... poor guys The first two are indoors when I got home, and the next two are of where I have them placed now.

Drosera:

VFT:

outside:

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The pics are a bit blurry, but I would say that your Drosera looks like D. nidiformis. Possibly a hybrid of D. nidiformis and D. intermedia. You will need one of the more expert members (and prolly a better pic) for this one. I just am not sure.
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are a couple of better ones:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thats an odd 'dew where did yah say yah found it? looks almost like a nidiformis that hasnt gotten enough light but intermedia or hybrid with it is a good guess too
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wanted to say welcome to Terraforums. You're getting enough good advice. I can't tell the difference between D. nidiformis and D. anglica, but I grow both on window sills. Here's and old pic of D. anglica, which is either what you have or similar to it. It's the one on the right. The one on the left is D.intermedia, which an easy plant to grow, either inside or outside.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought it from a local nursery called Sids, which is actually where i'll be headed in about 10 minutes over here. I'm going to pick up some different pots, moss, perlite, and maybe a pitcher plant (not sure what type they have, i'll take pictures if I pick it up.)

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heres a photo tip... It appears that you are using a webcam or a similar low-res camera for your pics.. if you have a small hand held magnifying glass, use that between your camera and your subject and you will get a nice closeup of your subject. It works.. try it..

Steve
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast