User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: New Enthusiast - Drosera Concerns-General Growing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A VFT was my first CP. I didn't know what I was doing either. I bought it in Feb from the Atlanta Botanical Gardens. I even put it on top of my entertainment center well away from any window for like a week. I finally did some reading online, popped that baby outside in a new pot with peat/perlite in a few inches of water, and it already has divided at least once. They don't take much...

As for the lance leaf sundew quandry (even though its clear you don't have one) I just want to be the odd one out who grows it in the windowsill in a pot with peat/perlite with no problems. I am now temped, however, to take one and put it in straight LFS and see waht it does.
    Updated Growlist!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (vft guy in SJ @ July 18 2006,9:48)]What do you mean by Sphagnum AND peat moss?? You definately need more water. 50's are fine.. leave them outside. S. purpurea can take even light snowfall. Squirrels are a variable.. I would not worry about them unless they become a problem.
    Well, I bought new zealand sphagnum moss and peat moss, as well as perlite. so i mixed a bit of all of it together, figuring it coulden't hurt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the plants are out on the deck.. I hope it doesn't get too hot. There's supposed to be a high of about 90 today, but the deck tends to hold a little more heat. I added another inch of water, and left them next to some other plants on a wicker table so the extra heat can dissipate. Hope all is well!

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    your soil mix is fine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I think all of my immediate questions have been answered. I would like to take the time to tell all of you Thank You! I appreciate all of your help, and hopefully my CP's will be healthy! I will keep you posted on them as time progresses! Thanks Everyone!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to chime in at the 11th hr, but rather late than never. The sundew appears to be D. nidiformis. Do be careful regarding overexposure to sun at first since this one is a little pale and etiolated and likely to sunburn easily. It's nice to meet another sundew enthusiast, welcome!
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do any of you know if the "savage garden" book has information regarding all of the genus/species names? I would like to become more fluent with all of these species!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes it does. Buy a copy and from now on refer to it as BIBLE. It is an amazing fountain of knowledge!
    Mens Et Manus

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast