Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I just got a mini pot of Drosera

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jims kicking my **** in variety anymore.........used to be i had him beat hands down but i cant compete even with his Utrics any more

you really want to see variery? look up Pyro's growlist some time or Jeremiah H.'s its a pain finding holes in those ones.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ July 21 2006,6:49)]Jims kicking my **** in variety anymore.........used to be i had him beat hands down but i cant compete even with his Utrics any more

you really want to see variery? look up Pyro's growlist some time or Jeremiah H.'s its a pain finding holes in those ones.
    Sheridan - I'm still trying to get "blue" to flower! And I really think it was a tricolor that did - reniform leaves. I'm sending a sampling of the different populations to BCK, so he can look at them under a microscope. Yeah, Jermiah's grow list is insane! Remember that Trading Post offering of 66 species?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Impressive collections you guys have. I can only wish ... maybe in a few years, that is if I don't end up killing all of them!
    Bernie.C

I'm starting my CP collection.
    My Grow List
    CP Pictures
    My Blog

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL! I promise you... you'll have a learning curve! We all have. We have all killed some of our initial plants (if not all). But we'll talk ya through the basics, like water, soil, dormancy, light,...

I've done this hobby on a "shoestring budget". Never bought a plant online. I just respond to the Trading Post offerings and went through the patience of germinating seeds and sprouting leaves & gemmae. It doesn't take long to cultivate these plants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could tell more when it flowers, but for now I think Tamlin's Razor applies: "If it looks like it might be D. spatulata, it is D. spatulata". The species is highly variable. See if you can get a flower shot and some details on the scape when it flowers.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol my growlist isnt impressive. 18 month ago it was decent, right now its easily managable. Jeremiah's is impressive and even more so when seen in person. doesnt take long to rack up plants. keep growing and stick around this forum and you will have most anything yah want in a few years or at the very least know who has it and who to sweet talk generosity even if its only giving away common plants will come back to repay yah big time
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (vftgrrl @ July 21 2006,6:08)]Impressive collections you guys have. I can only wish ... maybe in a few years, that is if I don't end up killing all of them!
    Ha! You'll be lucky if it takes that long even! Especially if you keep an eye on the trading forum. You can often get plants free there or for the price of postage. With fall coming in a few months, you can expect to see seeds and gemmae being offered in profusion. Especially gemmae. I held back last year to give others a chance to off load theirs. This year I'm going to be trading them off ASAP.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A spat was my initial thought. Agristarts produced D. spatulata "Frazier's Island" and the pot the plant is looks like the same that "Lil Pot of Horrors" comes in(one of the companies that uses Agristart plants).

Cheers,

Joe

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast