What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Beginning.....

It's flowering again!!!!

July27th200647.jpg

July27th200636.jpg

Anyone want seeds??

Zac

i think D. capensis are underrated. i think theres nothing better than a healthy D. capensis!

I got this Albino from Cook's Carnivores in August of last year along with 3 others all of which are in flower right now. They are fairly compact plants but I agree they are gorgeous in the sunlight.

Zac

P.S. this is it's 3rd time in flower

why do you ppl not listen to me THEY ARE TRYING TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!! mine are under lock and key here at the office. the dang things were marching right through my CP collection, LIL CAPENSIS WERE EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PAK, can i have my morning medication pleez?

Hehehe....well one of mine is still starting from scratch, I wasn't aware till last week that there were tiny capensis growing in my utricularia....

As for Zac's, that capensis is fit for entering into a contest
smile.gif

Beautiful plant! There only real knock is that they are too succesful for their own good (unless you live in Singapore). They're a beautiful, hardy plant, with glistening dew and very prolofic - not unlike the dandelion or the guppy.

oooohhhh I thin I need to thin mine out so they get nice and big like that. No flowers yet, but other things are flowering, and I have pots from where I removed all the visible plants, and I now have babies growing again. WOO HOO. They are trying to take over! LOL

actually..hmmm....mine have been recently turning brown at their tips faster than usual. New leaves come out but the old ones are withering away quickly. I haven't altered their conditions--next to windowsill in tray. Any ideas?

oh, and lovely plants!

Beautiful plant and a very nice photo.

D. caensis can literally take over in the right conditions. I read somewhere that some nobrainer planted some in an area where it doesn't freeze...California or Florida and they are now displacing the local populations. It really is a prolific (and successful) Drosera species.

Excellent D. capensis! Nice job!

I must agree with everyone here by saying that D. capensis is such a beautiful plant. It's definitely underrated when it comes to CPs. However, it can be quite dangerous in the right conditons! I have several plants that are flowering as we speak...Muahahahaha!

AWESOME! mine is outside and is doing better than it has ever done! i got it as a teeny seedling in december and now its sending up a stalk!! i will finally see what form mine rely is!

Story on that..... when it came in as a hitchiker in a ping pot it only had 2 leaves. one had clear tentacles while the other had red ones. as it grew to what it is now it has had no red produced at all! the tentacles are white with pink tips/glands. it deffinatly gets sun because a small sundew( dont know the species.... came from south carolina) is bright red and beautiful (although not any more considering sombody up rooted it during my vacation last week. poor thing is all dried out i hope it returns from the roots...)
Alex

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ July 28 2006,7:33)]Beautiful plant! There only real knock is that they are too succesful for their own good (unless you live in Singapore). They're a beautiful, hardy plant, with glistening dew and very prolofic - not unlike the dandelion or the guppy.

Arrrrghhh...don't remind us living in Singapore about this. No matter what we do (trust me, we have done just about everything that we can think of) we cannot grow capensis like weeds. If we manage to obtain a plant, it will go straight into intensive care and after that, it will proceed onwards to the great nursery up there. Hey, if so many people wants to get rid of their seeds, why not send it our way for us to experiment?

Back