Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Byblis Torture

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Dang Est, my plants are in bright shade the entire day and gets direct setting sunlight from 5pm till 7pm. A blast considering I am living at the equator. You need to up your light intensity.
    I knew son after they sprouted that the light wouldn't be enough. These guys were a sort of experiment- how little light can these grow with. Too late to do anything about light intensity now anyway, I'd just scorch the entire plant and/or make the whole thing top heavy.

Like I said, I'm trying to sproud seed to give them a go outside, but something always gets in the way.

JLAP, my original aged seeds took a couple of weeks. I kept them nice n' warm; when it was sunny they were in the sun, when it wasn't sunny they were generally under a light. I gave suplemental light beyond the hours of daylight with a lamp. Anything I did shouldn't have sped things up too much. Good luck getting those buggers to sprout! Oh- and did you do any treatment on 'em? If you use pingman's method, you gotta make sure you aren't going to accidentally bleach-bomb your plants to death.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oooooo....Est sent me some really nice seeds also! I soaked them for 12 hrs in warm - room temperature water and then sowed half in just peat and the other in 50/50 peat-perlite. After leaving them alone for a week by a sunny windowsill, I have 2 that sprouted in peat and 3 that sprouted in the mix so far.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nope. no treatment, i will next time though

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]nope. no treatment, i will next time though
    Shouldn't be a problem. At most it should only extend the time it takes to germinate. It's suspected that soaking the seeds helps remove inhibitors. The seeds are mildly hydrophobic to begin with, so soaking helps the plants imbibe and helps to remove inhibitors- both critical steps to germination. If you keep your seeds nice n' damp, they should imbibe on their own soon enough.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Drosera36 @ Aug. 09 2006,7:33)]I kinda feel sorry now that I'm getting Mitch's Byblis...anywho, I'm not an expert on Byblis, but I've heard from other growers that Bylis seeds can take weeks or even months to sprout. Ya just gotta be patient.

-Ben
    Aw, don't feel bad Ben. I know you'll give him a good home!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I saw the title of this topic I thought it would be about getting the seeds to germinate! I have been totured by non germination on every attempt to grow this plant. Its on the verge of going on my list of plants I just can't grow.

I feel your pain Jim!

Glenn

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]When I saw the title of this topic I thought it would be about getting the seeds to germinate! I have been totured by non germination on every attempt to grow this plant. Its on the verge of going on my list of plants I just can't grow.
    Psst! :shifty eyes: If you're lookin' for seed to try again, shoot me a PM. I just send Jim some (or, will have sent him some an hour from now) which he can hopefully get to germinate (I've done my best to ensure it!) Hope to hear from ya. :/shifty eyes:
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to the book called, CP's of the World, B. liniflora seeds should placed in cold storage for 2 months before attempted germination. He mentions nothing about purple pigment or 10% bleach solution. Whaddya think?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast