What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some random dew pics

D. x tokaiensis:

These seedlings are about 5 months old
d-1.jpg

ec1fb4c1.jpg

d-2.jpg

D. madagascariensis:

This guy is now regrowing after I snipped off its stem 'cause it was too tall
57add910.jpg

80b0aa67.jpg

And this is some unknown dew that sprouted in my purp's pot
unknowndew.jpg

-Ben

Very nice!

I'm wondering if higher light may help you keep your D. madagascariensis a bit more managable. I looked at mine (which is in a high light environment) and the internodal space seems to be considerably less. If you can give it more light it should be bushier, more compact, and you shouldn't need to worry about snipping it as often!

Thanks for the comments, guys.

Est, the plant had been growing in little light when I made the cut, plus the light bulbs were almost a year old. My dad was supposed to take care of it when I was away, but forgot to turn on the second fixture, therefore giving it only 52 watts of light for several weeks. Now, I replaced the old bulbs, and increased the total wattage from 82 to 90. I think it's still going to be more compact, since the tentacles of the new leaves have turned red, as you might've noticed.

Here's what it looked like a couple months ago with 82 watts:
d.madagas4web.jpg

-Ben

Back