What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi!

here are some pictures, i have taken recently. I hope, you like them. If you click on the names under the thumbnails you will be directed to the same pictures in a higher resolution.

adelae_DROS122_008.jpg

Drosera adelae

adelae_DROS122_010.jpg

Drosera adelae

affinis_DROS93_008.jpg

Drosera affinis - Namibia

affinis_DROS93_010.jpg

Drosera affinis - Namibia

cuneifolia_DROS81tn.jpg

Drosera cuneifolia - Table Mountain

cuneifolia_DROS81_016.jpg

Drosera cuneifolia - Table Mountain

a young plant, grown in an about 80cm deep pot. The roots of this species have always grown out of their pots, no matter how deep they were, so i decided to try an enormous deep pot to find out how long the roots can get. The plant does not get watered from above. The first cms of the pot are completely dry. I will check the roots next spring.

felix_DROS34_004.jpg

Drosera felix - Tuku Maruku

felix_DROS34_007.jpg

Drosera felix - Tuku Maruku

glabripes_DROS7_008.jpg

Drosera glabripes

glabripes_DROS7_010.jpg

Drosera glabpripes

wow! awesome plants! gotta ask though...why is that D cunefolia in that big of a "pot"?
Alex

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]why is that D cunefolia in that big of a "pot"?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]a young plant, grown in an about 80cm deep pot. The roots of this species have always grown out of their pots, no matter how deep they were, so i decided to try an enormous deep pot to find out how long the roots can get.

Very nice plants! Amazing shots, too! You've got some amazingly grown plants there. Always nice to seem some nicely grown Drosera.
smile.gif

Beautiful plants!

Very nice! And I see I have some more Dews on my wishlist now. I love seeing pictures of people plants. Granted its easy enough to go find pictures, but its just not the same as seeing other people plants. Thanks for sharing!

Hi,

thanks for all the nice comments.

As for the large pot of the D. cuneifolia. I had some plants growing in 20cm deep pots last year. The roots continously grew out of the bottom of this pot. I transplanted one of the plants and found, that the roots werde about 40cm long. That's the reason why i am testing this really large pot.

Christian

Back