What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. aliciae

my mom called me the other day and said she saw a plant that looked like some of the ones that i have at the local farmers market, and asked me if i wanted her to grab it for me, i figured it might be interesting to see what it is so i said yeah,

turns out its a rather sickly-looking Aliciae. i;ve had it for a week now or so, and cant get it to perk up. do any of you have an idea what might be wrong with it? it was very, very wet when i got it, and now i keeep it about 2 1/2 inches under my flourescents.

aliceea.jpg

Looks like it needs a bit more light and time to grow. Be patient, I've killed more plants with good intentions than the right conditions and neglect. Just keep it watered and in a month it will look brand new.

IMO D. aliciae doesn't like alot of water as it is vey susceptible to a fungus that will make it rot. I would just keep the soil moist right now, and see if it perks up. Also, how long have you had it and what conditions are you giving it?
dewy

Back