What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. falconeri splitting

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
I was watering my plants today and noticed a leaf on my D. falconeri was not laying flat, but pointing up in the air. When I turned the pot around I found this.

Dfalconerisplit.jpg

The leaf is up in the air because it has a baby plant trying to open it's leaf. Actually it looks as if there is also another plant forming in front of that one as well.

Yes it looks like you will be a new poppa!
smile_m_32.gif

I have found that the petiolaris complex often will send up new sprouts or self divide. It may mean that you will be able to divide the plant later and have 2 plants!

Peter.

Is this plant recently aquired from a commercial source? If so odds are what you are seeing is a side effect of TC. I find that falconeri is very division prone after it has been deflasked

I recently recieved aplant from CLint that has since devided and now has 2 growth points.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Is this plant recently aquired from a commercial source?

I believe that this is the plant I sent Steve earlier this year. His plant was originally from a leaf cutting from one of my D. falconeri. If this clone was developed from TC, it would have been years ago.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Actually it looks as if there is also another plant forming in front of that one as well.

Way to go!
smile.gif
Congrats!

-Homer

This is the plant that Homer sent me earlier this year. Thanks again Homer.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (homer @ Sep. 12 2006,2:46)]I believe that this is the plant I sent Steve earlier this year.  His plant was originally from a leaf cutting from one of my D. falconeri.  If this clone was developed from TC, it would have been years ago.
Well then, my musing seem to be moot then LOL

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I believe that this is the plant I sent Steve earlier this year. His plant was originally from a leaf cutting from one of my D. falconeri. If this clone was developed from TC, it would have been years ago.

Well then, my musing seem to be moot then LOL

It's good to know about this tendency of dividing after TC. I didn't take it as being moot
smilie4.gif

-Homer

Back