What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera graminifolia in need of help

I have a Drosera graminifolia that arrived sometime around feb or march and has been doing just fine until about two days ago. It did particularly well once it was moved from a window to under some lights (the 4' shop lights). It has been doing well and sitting in purified water in the proper soil mix but yesterday I noticed that most of the arms were shrivled up and the existing ones were not doing so well either. Today, those last two are on their way out.

I didn't think that these were terribly picky so what the heck could have happened?? The rhizome was poking out a bit as the soil settled around it but most was still under the dirt. I think I lost a cobra becuase a small portion of the root was sticking out of the dirt and dried out. I don't think that this was the case here, but I could be wrong.

Are there any First Aid suggestions I could try? All that I had on hand was some live moss that I packed around the plant just in case it was too exposed and then watered it some more. The basic conditions have been met. Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Brian

Check for possible pests like aphids and put the plant in a plastic bag under good light. If there's no improvmrent, reduce the water so the mix is just damp and wait. New growth is possible from the roots so it's important to protect them when there's no active growth. Goood luck!

Back